HOW TO DRESS FOR YOUR BODY TYPE 101:
We're devoted to helping you dress to celebrate your unique body type and all of your individual unique features that make you the beautiful queen you are. There is no "best" or "worst" body type. All body types have pros and cons. Knowing your body type is about dressing to look your best!
IDENTIFYING YOUR BODY TYPE:
- Pay attention to your curves. Look at how they connect your bust, waist, and hips. Factor in your height; as it plays a role in choosing your clothes in the right length
- Measure the sizes of your bust, waist, and hip. Depending on the size of each part (in inches), you can determine which shape your body is, to find clothes that properly fit
WHICH SHAPE IS YOUR BODY?
- RECTANGLE OR STRAIGHT
Although women come in all shapes and sizes, we have to find clothes that are flattering on our specific body type. The key is to know your proportions and use fashion to accentuate your best features--and hide everything else!
HOW TO DRESS FOR YOUR BODY TYPE 101:1. Dress for an apple body type. To dress successfully for the apple body, you need to direct attention away from your midriff, and wear clothes to accentuate other parts.
- Keep details on the top and lower third of your body. This body type, it is easy to wear shirts, blouses or dresses with slight V-necks with out looking too fancy or over the top.
- Draw attention away from your waist and shoulders/arms (wear long sleeves), and draw attention to your bust and neck (e.g. v-necks).
- Choose flared leg pants to help balance out wide shoulders and/or a heavy upper body. Wear bottoms just below your hipbone to draw attention away from your midriff.
- Avoid dresses and belts that pinch at your waist. This will most likely accentuate curves that you may not wish to show off.
- Wear tops that drape over any curves if you wish.
- Enhancing a feature that is further away or you can cover it with dark colors.
- If you’re a pear body-type, there are things you can do to make your hips and butt look slimmer, if you want to make their butts bigger.
- Balance your top with your bottom. Try to wear tops that accentuate your shoulders a bit more.
- Avoid pants or tights that narrow your legs.
- Wearing a bra that adds to or enhance your bust should be considered.
- Wear straight-leg or slightly flared pants with heels. Skinny pants that hug your ankles can make your lower body take on the appearance of an upside-down triangle.
- Use your waist as the focal point when dressing. Wear snug clothes & accessories around the thinnest part of your waist. Directing attention here makes your curves stand out.
- Tailored clothing is usually more flattering. Shapeless or drape-y clothing tends to over-focus on the bust make hourglass shapes look heavy or pregnant.
- Balance your top and bottom while accentuating your waist. Draw attention to your waist with belts and dresses that pinch at the midsection.
- Women with curves can end up revealing too much bust. If a neckline is too deep, or is inappropriate leave those clothes on the rack.
- If you have an hourglass shape, you probably have plenty of bust; your main concern should be to wear a supportive bra so that your chest looks perky, not droopy.
- Embrace V-neck dresses and tops. Necklines work well for busty women, V-necks are quite flattering. Be sure you do not show more cleavage than appropriate to the situation.
- If you have this body type, you can "pinch" in your waist to exaggerate curves. For example, add a belt to your dress.
- Go for ruffles & frills to add texture and volume to your figure. A dress with a lot of embellishment at the bust will give some "weight" there that makes that area look bigger.
- Dressing in baggy clothes will make you look like "one of the boys". Opt for the skinny jeans that are made for your body type.
- Stock up on miniskirts and bright tights to make the most of your great legs. They will also add more shape to a straight body.
- Use shape-wear. A Rectangular body type benefits from shaping undergarments. A bra that adds a cup size will balance out your angular features without much effort.